Friday 16 January 2009

Film brief idea 4

Film Brief 4 i favoured the most, this was because i liked this idea considerably more than all the others. When i think of animation, i think mostly of children and kids programmes. So therefore doing an animation for adults would be a challenging and interesting idea to do. I had an idea of a war animation film, using perhaps after effects or machinima. The aspect of war appeals to adults a lot more than children as adults understand the whole prospect more, therefore i think a war animation would be a good idea. Also, as i do history alongside my media course, i was thinking of combining the two and using knowledge from history to help me with my war film opening. The idea of this is a main character, who plays quite a good role in the war but is not in such a high position - he fights in the war and we see life in his eyes, we see the lies/deceit of soldiers at war and we see the background and how life was like on the 19 hundreds. The idea would be set in the 1940's, during the second world war when Stalin ruled Russia. It was hard to find any war animation on youtube, but after continuous looking i found a video i rather liked. I liked the fact the creater has drawn some on the animation, as this looks very professional and effective. I liked the music, it was melancholy and went well with the idea and theme of war, i liked the fact the titles were just plain white, and the video was black and white too. As immediately when a film is black and white, it is considered old and therefore this was a good idea as it manipulates time and makes everything seem old fashioned. The film also has to be based on a fictional novel, and there are many novels about the war so this would not be a problem.



My second idea for this post was a romance animation, and yet again this could be done with after effects or machinima. I thought of using machinima for this more than any other because it could be quite effective. My idea would be two people meet at an airport, unable to communicate due to different languages but they know they have something special. They go their seperate ways but two years on are still thinking of one another due to failed relationships. A trip across the world and learning a different language seems like an unlikely way to fall in love...' I based this idea on the film 'Love actually' which was very popular. The film opening could be done with machinima or even after effects - and this in turn could be very effective.



I found an excellent example of a romance animation below. The animation is from a new romance film 'PS i love you' and uses the actual movie audio, which i could not do so this may be a problem, but i could easily improvise and make my story. The animation is a trailer, but still it is incredibly effective, you can tell they have used sims as a form of animation, but this could easily be done using machinima. I think this is another good idea and could be quite effective. The brief also has to be on a fictional novel, and as i have a lot of novels i could use some of them to get my ideas from, use some novels as a starting point and a base for my idea - i believe this would help me incredibly and therefore this is a good idea in my opinion as i have a lot of starting points for my idea.


No comments: