Thursday 8 January 2009

Practice footage on Final Cut

In this lesson we had a go at editing on Final Cut, and to get used to the program if we have not had much experience. I found this quite hard as i have hardly used final cut before so this was a problem i had. However after spending two lessons using it i feel like i know a lot more and can use it more confidently. I used effects such as the fade in and fade out the clips which i liked and thought it was quite effective. The scrolling text i think worked well with some clips but not with others, i did not do the scrolling text like we saw it in the video as i thought this would be quite complicated.

My video was quite hard to create as we were not told what clips went where and what music, so we had to be imaginative. I started with a shot of a busy road with traffic, which then progressed to a busy street of people. This was to create a busy atmosphere. I thought it was best to start with these so that the atmosphere would be clear. The music was a busy, fast paced and lively track which also went together with the busy, fast paced atmosphere of the clips i had put together. I then moved on to shots of the sun reflecting on to buildings and showing the sky. The music also changed during this to a more calmer, relaxed kind of music, and this is here to show the business of the city has calmed down.

I did not have time to do all of the clips and audio, although i would have liked to it did take a while for me to do as it was only my third time actually using final cut, and i was not used to it. I think it would ow be interesting to see the actual opening of where the clips and audio came from, as this would show us if we were anywhere near the actual video.


No comments: