Wednesday 4 March 2009

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Feedback from Jake & Jim

In today's lesson, we had media professionals Jake & Jim in our lesson, who have produced music videos, adverts and films - in to help us with our work and give us some helpful feedback on how to make our opening better for next time.


The feedback i got was very helpful and will help me in future projects. They thought my film opening was a bit different in the sense that it was not a conventional film opening - and it was not very stereotypical of an opening. They believed the dialogue and subtitles made the film opening look a bit like a trailer - but once i explained it was a bit different and similar to a monologue - they agreed and thought it was interesting I had not taken a stereotypical route.

They liked the shots of the tanks to establish setting, and the pan away of the house they thought was very effective. They also liked the pan away of the young girl - as they thought this showed her emotions well.

Overall I think this feedback was very helpful, and if I had more time i would change some of the things they mentioned, such as the 'jittery camera' on all the shots rather than on some and not on others, and would take on their advice to help my film opening look a bit better.

This feedback also links to the evaluation question of How did you attract/address your audience? I think getting feedback from media professionals helped me to understand what audience would be attracted to my film and who would favour a different film. Jake & Jim thought my film was a bit different in terms of it was not a convential or stereotypical foreign film, but they still understood who the target audience would be and agreed it would be a foreign audience or the older audience who have a good amount of knowledge about WW2.

No comments: