Thursday 29 January 2009

Foreign subtitles research

In our lesson, Barney showed me a video for a foreign trailer, which was quoted as 'The best foreign language film' at the 2008 academy awards. This film follows the idea of what i would like to create in my film, where there is dialogue, but either spoken in Russian and with English subtitles OR spoken in English with Russian subtitles. The Russian idea sounds like a good one, but i would need to find someone to speak Russian for me. If i cant, then the English idea would be the idea i would go with. The film below, called 'Persopolis' is a French film, using French dialogue with English subtitles, similar to my idea. This is a good idea and because i will not have that much dialogue in my opening sequence, i may be able to find someone to speak Russian in my opening trailer.

No comments: