Tuesday 27 January 2009

Free Footage

I may have to get free footage from a source as i obviously cannot film war tanks so this may be a problem. However i think i could easily get some footage from a reliable source and could use this is my opening sequence, I think creating it in after effects and final cut would be a better alternative for me than to try and film it.

I found some relevant free footage on the website www.stockfootageforfree.com
which you have to sign up and register for the site, but it is completely free and therefore this could be very helpful for my opening title sequence. On the website is a video which could be helpful in my opening sequence, as at the start of my ideas on the previous post i wrote about shots of leaves etc to establish atmosphere and location. The leaves also remind me of silhouettes, which fits in with my idea of silhouettes of tanks etc.

i also thought of the name for my independent film. I thought a name in Russian would be quite a good idea and when doing my independent film, and the title appearing in Russian would be effective as it would draw the audience in and confuse them, then letting it blur back to English would be effective so that the audience can understand. My independent film is called:

A young Girl at War.


Молодая девушка в состоянии войны. (In Russian)


No comments: