Sunday 15 February 2009

Test shots - location 2 science park







Location 2 - Science Park on Milton Road, Cambridge




Here is the second of my two considered locations. I ideally preferred this location to the other one of the youth centre as it looks older and less modernised. Here are some test photos i took when i went to look at the location and find a suitable area.

I think the science park would be an ideal place to shoot due to its marshy, muddy and forest location. It seems quiet and would be an easy and varied place to shoot - with lots of different locations to choose from as there are many lakes and rivers. It took some searching but i have finally found the area where i will shoot my short clips for my opening project.

The pictures give a good representation of what the area was like, but due to a tracking shot this may be a problem, as the area has alot of hills and is very uneven in terms of ground. However, practising with my own camera i found out that if i slowly zoom out using my camera it looks similar to a tracking shot, and is still effective, although the camera may lose focus this does not matter too much in the idea of the shot, as the idea is the young girls father watching his daughter as he drives away.

In terms of shooting though this could be a problem, but shooting in two different areas may be a solution. I could shoot on the uneven ground i found or the next location shot on a flat ground. I think the zoom will be most effective rather than walking away as i could lose balance or the shot could shake slightly where i am walking.

No comments: