Tuesday 17 February 2009

Filming

Filming

Time: 2.30 - 4.30

Actors - 1
Location - Science park




Today I went to film my shots for my opening sequence. I got the camera off Dave early/mid afternoon so i could shoot today rather than tomorrow, so i would have a little more time on my hands. We went to the science park to film, as i think this was an overall better location, with wider variety of area and shots, and a less modernized feel to the place. I took my niece (my only actor) to the science park and we found two perfect locations to shoot in. I got her to wear a long black skirt and a white top with a black coat, paying attention to Mise En Scene, as she couldn't wear anything modernized due to the time setting.

Overall i think the shooting went well, but the pan away shots could be a problem. As i explained in earlier posts, the floor of the location is uneven due to a hillside and panning away could be difficult due to this reason. Therefore i then shot in a different location with a flatter ground surface area.

However i did not pan away walking because i thought the shot could look shaky. Therefore i simply zoomed out (using the camera) very slowly so it appeared like i was panning away from the actor. I think this should be effective and therefore should be good, i also shot it a number of times in each location so that there would be no errors or mistakes. However i hope this method of shooting went alright and the camera did not appear too shaky. I made my niece (the actor) hold the hat and panned away from her holding the hat this way. This was effective and has changed from what the shot was like in my storyboard because i thought having the young girl hold the hat would create more understanding of the shot and the emotions of the young girl.

Filming approximately took 2 hours, from half 2 to half 4 at the science park. We did not shoot the whole time, the majority of time was looking for suitable locations. The weather was not a problem as it was dry and sunny today, if it was wet and rainy we would have had to shoot another day due to safety etc - so this was an overall good turnout. I just hope this will reflect in the final opening sequence. I am yet to find a shot of a puddle, as the weather ensured there was no puddles! So i will look for a puddle Tuesday to shoot. Other than this i think the shooting went the best it could have gone, and i have shot the shots a number of times in case there are any mistakes made.

No comments: