Wednesday 4 March 2009

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

In Final Cut Express I have used various effects, for example I have used motion keyframes to add motion to still images, and have used the pen tool to fade both pictures and music both in and out, which helped considerably in my opening, as these effects both helped when i was editing my opening sequence.

In Adobe After Effects, I have also used new effects which i did not know how to use before, therefore learning new techniques. These two effects were the glass smash effect, which was called Shatter in the effects toolbar of After Effects. This is exactly what i wanted and fitted well with my opening sequence, as it symbolised breaking of the family and the girls emotions.

I also used After Effects to edit a version of my individual Long road logo, where we made the letters and symbols of the long road logo move in the way we wanted them. I used After Effects for making my own ident logo too, which symbolised me and my media industry. This was a good editing program to use as we were then asked to put the two logos at the front of any media work we done, branding it as our work.

On YouTube I have uploaded all my videos i have done for my media work, aswell as finding videos and examples to help me with my coursework, which i then edited and modified. I have also found other students work off YouTube and studied this, which helped with my research when i put it onto my blog, as I explained what I liked about the sequences. YouTube is where all of our media videos are uploaded too, so it helps us as a source from where to get our videos from if we are not on the same computer all the time.

On the websites Stockfootageforfree.com and 1001freefonts.com i have researched both fonts and footage which I think will be helpful in my own opening sequence. For the free footage, I found a great establishing shot of the leaves which i have used in my film opening. Also, for fonts, i have used 1001freefonts to find a Russian font which i thought looked better in my opening sequence than a normal font like Arial etc, as my film was set in ww2 and the font i used symbolised this.

No comments: