Wednesday 4 March 2009

Key frames Explanation - Bottom row 7-9



Visual Effects

I only had a couple of visual effects in my film - and i decided to choose the keyframe I have because I believe it is one of the most important keyframes and shows more depth than the other effects. I have used a screen smash effect, found in After Effects, and have used this to make the screen apear to look smashed, when the two parents are arguing. This is very similar to a shot in the film 'The boy in striped pyjamas' where the parents are arguing. It is not the same shot, as i have used a still picture rather than filmed the arguing, and although the screen does not actually smash, i think the principle is the same.

Typography
For typography, i have used a keyframe of my Russian '10 cent soviet' font to show the type of font in my film and to symbolise that the film in Russian. I do not know a film that has a similar font to mine, and think it would be quite hard to find one, as the font is unique and i have researched films but none of the fonts are similar to the font i have used.

Narrative
For the keyframe of narrative, I have used the keyframe of some of my subtitles for my dialogue, and think this shot is very similar to the film of 'Persepolis' where they use subtitles and french dialogue. I think the shot of my subtitles represents narrative very well as the subtitles and dialogue in my opening sequence are the main thing that tells the story.

No comments: