Wednesday 4 March 2009

Key frames Explanation - top row 1-3



Costumes/props
For my first key frame I have used a prop of the hat i have used in my opening sequence. I think this shot is a good keyframe to show costumes/prop wise as it shows i have thought about Mise En Scene and props in my opening. I also think this film is similar to 'The boy in striped pyjamas' in the way the costumes and relevant props are arranged so that they match the clothing at the time of WW2.

Lighting
My second main keyframe is to do with the lighting in my film opening. Because my film was mostly black and white, it was hard to find a shot where the lighting helped considerably and showed contrast and brightness. However, the shot for keyframe 2 i have chosen - i believe is very effective in the way the lighting sheilds the young protagonist's face - almost as if suggesting you should not see the face of the young girl. I think this is similar to any black and white film, as the lighting does not give away alot about the characters.

Settings - time etc.

My third keyframe i think is very effective. It is of the establishing shot near the start of my film opening, where the tanks are shown. It is a very strong vivid image of a tank, and this immediately suggests war or a time when conflict was happening. I think this is a good idea of setting, as it reveals the time of the film almost immediately when the film is shown. I think it is very similar to the film 'Blood Diamond' in which at the start of the film trucks and guns are shown to symbolise a time when there is confict or war.

No comments: